Avondale COVID-19 Response
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Avondale is communicating with public health partners at the regional, state, and federal level to make sure we’re working together to provide the most accurate information to our community and to safeguard the health and safety of our residents.
Avondale is following guidance provided by the state Governor’s Executive Orders: https://azgovernor.gov/executive-orders (Executive Order: 2020-36; issued May 12, 2020)
Essential city services have not been impacted by the Governor’s Executive Order. Avondale residents continue to receive seamless services in the areas of public safety, sanitation, water services, Zoom transit, recycling, streets, and code compliance, among many other services. To find out about specific services, visit the city website for details.
COVID-19 recovery plans for opening of our public facilities, and service openings (with guidelines), begin June 1.
Reminder - Feel Sick, Stay Home
Just as we won’t allow employees to come to work when ill, we also would expect the same of visitors to public facilities. Residents or visitors needing to do business with City of Avondale are encouraged to stay home if they are feeling ill.
Support your local businesses; Ready to Serve https://avondaleedge.com/readytoserve
The public is advised to seek information regarding COVID-19 from official channels, including the following resources:
- Governor Arizona Together State of AZ Resource Website https://arizonatogether.org
- Arizona Department of Health Services www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-home
- Maricopa County Health Serviceswww.maricopa.gov/5460/Coronavirus-Disease-2019
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- 2-1-1 COVID-19 Hotline The statewide hotline offers an entry point to field COVID-19 questions and concerns from Arizona residents, and businesses. The line will respond to calls in English and Spanish from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily and can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 while an individual is located in Arizona. https://bit.ly/2UbHo3m
- State of Arizona Governor https://azgovernor.gov
- Presidential Guidelines https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica
Other Community Resources
Free meals program for youth, multiple distribution sites in Avondale, visit: https://www.azhealthzone.org/summerfood
Human service resources are available to you and your family at the Avondale Resource Center, for details, call 623-333-2703.
- Other useful resources: www.Findhelpphx.org , or call 2-1-1
- Business Resources and support
Avondale’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan highlights phased approach to reopening
With Governor Ducey’s stay home order lifted, the City of Avondale has been working on a phased approach to reopening city facilities and amenities.
City Court still open to the public; will require face masks to enter
Avondale Public Library Resumes Curbside Service
Avondale Takes Steps to Comply with Governor’s Executive Order
The City of Avondale announced that effective Tuesday, March 31, access to the City Hall building and other facilities will be further restricted to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus to employees and the public.
Avondale Restaurants are Ready to Serve, Open During COVID-19
Avondale announces cancellation of sports leagues, programs and events
The City of Avondale, acting in consideration of Federal, County and State recommendations to manage the Covid-19 epidemic, is canceling or postponing all city-sponsored events, classes, programs, and sports effective March 16. Every effort will be made to minimize the impact to city services, keep