Participating in the Census is your right and responsibility! Every household must complete a census survey (either online, by phone or mail) by April 1, 2020.
The census is a self-portrait of the nation. Every 10 years, the United States Constitution requires a count (or "census") of everyone living in the country. The count must include people of all ages, races and ethnic groups; all citizens and non-citizens. Every household must complete a census survey (either online, by phone or mail).
Why Is It Important To Complete The Survey?
The census significantly impacts the City of Avondale and its residents; a complete and accurate count is essential.
The U.S. Census collects details on the entire country’s population. This information is used to:
- Distribute more than $700 billion in federal funding to states and communities each year for the next decade. Arizona's share is $13.5 billion.
- Determine representation in Congress.
- Allocate resources for job creation, housing, infrastructure and more.
- Determine where schools, roads, hospitals, child care centers, senior centers and other essential services should be built.
Responding Is Easier Than Ever!
For the first time, you will be able to respond online, by phone or by mail.
- Online – People will receive a mailed postcard with a personal code to enter their information online
- Phone - Residents can also call to take the survey
- Mail - Paper surveys will be mailed if online submissions are not entered
Your Information Is Secure & Private.
By law, the Census Bureau cannot share your answers by name with others, including welfare agencies, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Internal Revenue Service, courts, police and the military.
The Countdown begins ….Census Timeline:
- February 2020 – Group quarters counts begin (assisted living / college dorms)
- March 23, 2020 – Postcards are sent out, and public response begins
- April 1, 2020 – Census Day
- April – June, 2020 – Non-response Follow-up
- December 31, 2020 – Census counts delivered to U.S. President
Census Jobs – NOW HIRING
"The U.S. Census National Processing Center Phoenis is one of two 2020 Census processing centers in the country. NPC Phoenix will be supporting the 2020 Census with nearly 1000 employees at our SW Phoenix location near 43rd Ave and Buckeye Rd. Positions include entry level data entry, coding, processing, material handling and more providing minimum pay of $15.08 plus benefits. These are temporary federal appointments expected to last through Summer 2020 and may be extended but not later than December 2020. Applicants must apply to every position of interest at www.usajobs.gov using keyword "NPC" and location "Phoenix" to search for vacancies."