Explore the history and inside workings of law enforcement by touring the Avondale Police Department. You’ll have opportunities to visit the 911 Communication Center, the police briefing room, view the different types of police vehicles, and so much more! You may even get to meet the Chief of Police!
Tours are made available upon request any first or third Tuesday of the month. Tours are offered between 9:00am and 2:00pm. Most tours are from 1 hour to 1 ½ hours long depending on the age and size of a tour group.
We ask that your tour request be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance in order for us to prepare for your group. An email confirmation will be sent to you confirming your time and date of your tour. So that everyone can enjoy the tour, we ask that you provide the following Child/Adult ratio supervision:
Child/Adult Ratio for Tours
- Preschool/Kindergarten to 1st Grade - 6 children to 2 adults
- 2nd to 3rd Grade - 12 children to 2 adults
- 4th to 5th Grade - 16 children to 2 adults
- 6th to 8th Grade - 20 children to 2 adults
- 8th Grade and Up - 24 children to 2 adults
If we have a number of smaller groups wishing to tour on the same day/time, we will combine the groups as needed.
- Download the Application *please note we are not scheduling tours at this time
For additional information contact: EmailPoliceDepartment@avondaleaz.gov