The goal of Community Action is to help individuals and families move toward financial independence by connecting individuals to a wide range of social services programs.
Funding PartnersThis program is funded in part by: City of Avondale, City of Goodyear, Maricopa County, Department of Energy (DOE), Arizona Public Service (APS), Arizona Community Action Association (ACAA), Salt River Project (SRP), and Southwest Gas Corporation (SWG).
- Cities of Avondale, Goodyear and Litchfield Park
- Unincorporated Maricopa County Islands within Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Laveen
Financial Assistance Program
Limited financial assistance is available for utilities, mortgage and rental assistance. Financial education classes are available at no cost to participants. For more information, please call 623.333.2703.
- Live in the service area
- Proof of gross income for the past 30 days
- Social security cards for each member of the household
- Proof of US citizenship or legal permanent status for primary applicant
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY APPLY
The Weatherization program aims to reduce energy costs and improve the health and safety of low-income households through energy efficient weatherization measures.
How to Request Assistance: Please call 623.333.2703
Care1st Avondale Resource and Housing Center
328 West Western Avenue
Avondale, AZ 85323