For benefit eligible employees, the City offers the following insurance plans to assist you in providing financial security for yourself and your family.
- Group Life Insurance helps protect employees and their families from financial hardships related to an untimely death. The City of Avondale provides a basic amount of Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) through Securian to eligible employees.
- Basic Life Insurance: 100% City-paid Life, up to two (2) times employee's annual salary ($200k max)
- Supplemental Life is also extended to eligible employees to purchase through Securian.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: 100% Employee-paid life insurance for self and dependents
- Short-term Disability (City-paid)
- For ASRS Benefit eligible employees: Long-term disability (LTD) insurance protects you from a loss of income in the event you become disabled for more than six (6) months as a result of illness or non-work related injury. ASRS benefit-eligible employees are required to participate in the long-term disability plan. You are automatically enrolled into the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) LTD plan which is administered by Broadspire, www.choosebroadspire.com.