We are here to help!
Phone (623) 333-2001
A City of Avondale business license is required when business activities (including services) are conducted within the City's boundaries.
- A business licenses is needed for each business location and for each business at a single location.
- For businesses with fixed location, license shall be posted and exhibited in a conspicuous area.
- For businesses without fixed location, license shall be carried at all times while conducting the business or other activity for which the license or any renewal thereof was granted.
Business License – Annual
Businesses apply for a business license by completing and submitting a Business License Application with a $65 fee ($25 non-refundable application fee and $40 annual license fee).
- Issued for the period of January 1 through December 31 with no prorating.
- Expires on December 31 each year.
- Annual renewal fees are $40 per license (due January 1), and shall be considered delinquent if not received on or before the last business day of January. A $10 late fee will be applied for all delinquent renewals.
Business License - 2020 Renewals
- Mailed out during the week of 12/02/2019 - 12/06/2019.
- Due by 01/01/2020.
- Subject to a $10 late fee if received after 01/31/2020.
Business License – Temporary
- Available for businesses participating in events sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
- Can be issued for a maximum of three days at a charge of $15.00 per day.
Application Process & Assistance Options
- Application processing time for business located outside the City is 3-5 working days.
- Application processing time for business located within the City is 10-15 working days.
- Applications for business located within the City take longer to process because the application must be reviewed and approved by multiple departments, including Fire & Medical, Development & Engineering Services, and Police.
- If an applicant is denied a business license, a detailed notification will be sent by mail and the $40.00 annual fee will be refunded.
- Applicants who intend to operate a home-based business, must also complete and submit a Home Occupation Supplemental Questionnaire along with the business license application.
- Applicants who intend to sell door-to-door must obtain a peddler’s identification card from the Police Department. For more information, please review our Peddlers Permit Application, Information, and Requirements.
- Zoning and permit questions should be directed to the Development & Engineering Service Department at (623) 333-4000.
- Fire safety questions should be directed to the Fire & Medical Department at (623) 333-6000.
- All other application questions should be directed to the Finance & Budget Department – Tax & Licensing Unit at (623) 333-2001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business License Reports
- 2019-10 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-10 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-09 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-09 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-08 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-08 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-07 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-07 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-06 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-06 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-05 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-05 AV Business Licenses (Excel)
- 2019-04 AV Business Licenses (PDF)
- 2019-04 AV Business Licenses (Excel)