The cities of Avondale, Buckeye and Goodyear are pleased to present the fall Southwest Valley HOA Academy. These events are open to the public. There is no fee to attend; however, registration is required and seating is limited to thirty-five (35).
The next HOA Academy will be held :
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Avondale Civic Library, 11350 W Civic Center Drive, Avondale
Location and Topics:
HOA Board Training Boot Camp by Quinten Cupps, VF Law
Whether you are a veteran Board member or just recently elected, you will benefit from our Board Training Boot Camp! There will be a wide range of topics impacting HOA Board members including:
- Board member duties to the Association
- Board meeting requirements: notice, quorum, minutes, etc.
- Navigating conflicts of interest
- Open meeting laws
- Executive session Board meetings
- Board member use of email
- Board member confidentiality
- Taking action outside of Board meetings
- Tips to keep Board members out of trouble
Legislative Updates & Q & A by Quinten Cupps, VF Law
This annual course covers current law and statute changes, as well as what laws were enacted, what laws almost made it, and what new laws we suspect that we may see in the future, based upon the last legislative session.
Southwest Valley HOA training seminars are provided through a partnership with the City of Avondale, City of Goodyear, and the City of Buckeye. For more information call 623.333.2701 (Avondale), 623.349.6459 (Buckeye), or 623.882.7801.