“To enhance the community through the administration of a fair and unbiased compliance program.”
Who we are...
- The Code Compliance Division is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the residents of Avondale.
- We protect the public health, safety, and welfare through the enforcement of local laws and regulations adopted by the Avondale City Council which serve as community standards.
- Ensuring compliance with these standards we help to reduce vandalism, deter crime, maintain property values, and prevent deterioration of neighborhoods.
- We actively work with citizens and neighborhood groups to provide public education on city code requirements.
- Please call 623.333.2701 if you have any questions or need additional information. For your convenience, please fill out and submit our online complaint form; or you can access the myAvondale smartphone app to report a suspected code violation.
- View our "What is Code Compliance?" informational brochure: ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Potential violations are discovered through our Neighborhood Focus Program through citizen complaints, and referrals from other agencies or departments. To view more information in a .pdf format about our Avondale PROUD program. Once a violation is identified, the responsible party is issued a notice providing reasonable time to correct the issue.
- Periodic follow-up inspections may be conducted to determine if compliance has been met.
- If compliance has not been achieved, additional time may be provided depending on the circumstances and severity of the violation.
- A great deal of emphasis is placed on obtaining voluntary compliance. However, if a responsible party fails or refuses to voluntarily comply with city codes then a citation may be issued. The citation may be civil or criminal, depending on the circumstances. A civil citation may result in fines of no less than $250 per violation plus surcharges. A criminal citation is a Class 1 misdemeanor which is punishable by fines and probation.
- We encourage citizen involvement. To help us identify and report possible code violations, please fill out and submit the electronic online complaint form. The form will go directly to the Code Compliance Division. The Code Compliance Division team is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the residents of Avondale.
- Together we can eliminate conditions that contribute to blight and deterioration and have a cleaner, safer, and more desirable place to live.
For more information, email Code Compliance, or please call 623.333.2701.