COVID-19 UPDATE ON OPERATIONS
Only online submittals are being accepted at this time. As of Monday, June 29th, the Development and Engineering Services customer service counter has temporarily closed to the public. Instructions for submitting electronically are provided through the link below. For assistance with online submissions, please call 623-333-4000 or email DevelopmentEngineering@Avondale.org.
Additional modifications to the Building Division operations are described below.
- After submitting permit applications online, staff will contact you when redlines are available or the permit is approved with associated fees due.
- All permits will be issued electronically (with an online account) until further notice.
- During this time all building permit review fees will be deferred until issuance of the permit
The Building Safety Division of Development & Engineering Services provides assistance to residents and developers in all areas of building construction. We provide technical code assistance and review of all building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, energy and accessibility requirements for construction projects city wide.
Development & Engineering Services Department is pleased to offer our citizens, businesses, and visitors access to government services for electronic plan review and online permitting.
Brett Harris - Chief Building Official
11465 W. Civic Center Dr. #110
Main Phone: 623-333-4000
Inspection Phone: 623-333-4005
Email: Click Here
Building and Fire Codes as Amended
Current Adopted Codes, effective July 1, 2019.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
Adopted 2018 Building Codes Amendments.
The City Council has adopted the 2012 Phoenix Fire Code with amendments.