The City of Avondale in its continuing effort to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees is taking all measures necessary to limit foot traffic at City buildings. Starting Tuesday March 31st, the Development and Engineering Services customer service counter located at 11465 W. Civic Center Drive, Suite 110 will be closed to the public.
• Building, Planning and Engineering inspections will continue with the inspectors following social distancing recommendations. To request a building inspection please call 623-333-4005.
• We are accepting permit applications online or via a drop-box, which is located outside the City Hall lobby located at 11465 W. Civic Center Drive.
• Customers can email DevelopmentEngineering@Avondale.org or call 623-333-4000 for assistance with online permitting.
• Permits submitted digitally are through our online portal at:
or follow the link to online permitting.
• All permits will be issued electronically (with an online account), by mail or email.
• During this time all building permit review fees for drop-box submittals will be deferred until the issuance of the permit.
The Building Safety Division of Development & Engineering Services provides assistance to residents and developers in all areas of building construction. We provide technical code assistance and review of all building, fire, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, energy and accessibility requirements for construction projects city wide.
Development & Engineering Services Department is pleased to offer our citizens, businesses, and visitors access to government services for electronic plan review and online permitting.
Brett Harris - Chief Building Official
11465 W. Civic Center Dr. #110
Main Phone: 623-333-4000
Inspection Phone: 623-333-4005
Email: Click Here
Building and Fire Codes as Amended
Current Adopted Codes, effective July 1, 2019.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
Adopted 2018 Building Codes Amendments.
The City Council has adopted the 2012 Phoenix Fire Code with amendments.