Implementing the Community Vision through Development Activities
The Development & Engineering Services Department helps define the City's future by providing high-quality, effective and professional development services. Our team promotes a pro-business environment, by providing flexible procedures that attract developers and residents to work, play, and invest in Avondale.
CITY OF AVONDALE DEVELOPMENT AND ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT
COVID-19 UPDATE ON OPERATIONS
Only online submittals are being accepted at this time. As of Monday, June 29th, the Development and Engineering Services customer service counter has temporarily closed to the public. Instructions for submitting electronically are provided through the link below. For assistance with online submissions, please call 623-333-4000 or email DevelopmentEngineering@Avondale.org.
Additional modifications to the Development and Engineering Services operations are described below.
- All meetings between customers and city staff will be conducted via telephone, Zoom, or other teleconferencing technology in lieu of in-person meetings.
- Inspections will continue with the inspectors following social distancing guidelines. To request a building inspection please call 623-333-4005.
BUILDING AND ENGINEERING DIVISIONS:
- Permit applications must be submitted online at https://www.avondaleaz.gov/government/departments/development-engineering-services/apply-for-a-permit
- Staff will contact you when redlines are available or the permit is approved with associated fees due.
- All permits will be issued electronically (with an online account) until further notice.
- During this time all building permit review fees will be deferred until issuance of the permit
- Pre-application and other development meetings will be conducted via Zoom or other teleconferencing technology.
- Neighborhood meetings required with planning and zoning applications will be held via Zoom or other teleconferencing technology. The date, time, web address and phone number will be provided with the meeting notice in the direct mailings, newspaper advertisement, and site sign postings. Comments and questions will be taken during the neighborhood teleconference meeting but are also encouraged in advance; comments and questions can be emailed or called into the project planner at any time.
- Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meetings will be held via Zoom or other teleconferencing technology. The date, time, web address and phone number will be provided with the meeting agenda.
- Site Inspections for projects can be scheduled directly by contacting your assigned planning project manager by telephone or email.
City Staff remains available during our regular business hours Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (City Hall is not open on Fridays) via telephone or email only.
Please continue to visit the City website for updates on our business operations.
Contact staff with any questions at 623-333-4000.
The BLVD is the heart of Avondale!
A pedestrian-oriented district with generous landscaping, shops on the ground floor, small plazas and parks that will be the West Valley’s newest exciting mixed-use destination.
Speak Up Avondale
Give us your input on our open forum to review current projects!
Visit the aVOICE online forum to share your thoughts.