About the CommitteeThe Municipal Art Committee was established on July 18, 2005 to advise the City Council on matters regarding the acquisition, maintenance and disposition of works of art, public art displays, monuments and memorials. The mission ofAvondale Public Art Program is to:
- Provide visual art that complements public buildings, parks and plazas;
- Create a sense of place and enhances community identity;
- Improve the design quality of public infrastructure as well as the visual environment of the citizens of Avondale;
- Pursue funding and resources for public art;
- Recommend policies and procedures concerning public art;
- Cooperate with existing public and private agencies to develop programs to further the development and awareness of art.