- All procurement activities are conducted in an open and competitive manner while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- The procurement office assists all City departments in identifying, evaluating, and selecting products and services.
- All purchase orders are issued by the procurement office.
- All vendors/contractors are required to obtain a purchase order or signed contract prior to providing goods or services.
- The acceptance of gifts and/or gratuities is prohibited by the City’s procurement code.
- The City advertises all formal solicitations in the local newspaper and the City’s website with notification to the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce to ensure broad distribution and ample opportunity to all interested businesses.
- Suppliers are encouraged to Register Here to ensure notification of City solicitations.
- The City encourages local businesses and disadvantaged, small, minority, or women owned businesses (DBE/SBE/MBE/WBE) that have been certified in Arizona.
- It is not required to have a license to submit a bid, however, all businesses conducting business in the city are required to obtain a business license.