Avondale awarded Platinum by Healthy Arizona Worksites Program
City of Avondale awarded Platinum by Healthy Arizona Worksites Program
The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program announced that Avondale has been honored with a prestigious Platinum award.
The Healthy Arizona Worksite Award recognizes businesses that are making efforts to positively affect the health and well-being of their employees, their families, and their community through evidence-based worksite health initiatives and promising programs. A Platinum Level Award is awarded to businesses making an impact both within and beyond their walls addressing one or more of the many health challenges impacting communities across the state. City of Avondale has demonstrated data driven programming and is leveraging cross-sector collaborations or partnerships improving the health, well-being, and equity of their community.
Businesses and organizations from across the state are recognized with Copper, Silver, Gold and Platinum awards for their worksite wellness program strategies. The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program formally recognized awardees at a virtual event on June 11th.
City of Avondale coordinates a full slate of resources that take into account an integrated, whole-person approach to wellness that include:
- Employee Wellness and Health Promotion
- Employee Assistance Services
- Wellness Newsletters
- On-site wellness screenings
- Health-related tips
- Brown bag lunch presentations
- Lactation spaces
- Promote Cancer Screenings
- Assess employee ergonomics
- Employee walking challenges
Collaborative Community Initiatives
- Referrals to health care, immunizations and other services
- Assistance to purchase healthy food
- Education and Resource Programs
- Developmental, hearing and visions screenings for children, 0 to 5 years old
- Child car safety education
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR and First Aid Classes)
- Congregate Meals and Home Delivered Meals to seniors and adults with disabilities
- Plogging (walking programs) to get residents moving and helping out with their environment
- The Care1st Avondale Resource Center works to support families with children
Additionally, individual nutritional consultations, disease management, coaching, weight management and wellness activities are offered to benefits-eligible employees.
The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program is a public health initiative offered by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. Its mission is to help employers learn how to successfully implement worksite wellness initiatives to improve the health of their employees and businesses. More information can be found at www.healthyazworksites.org .
Avondale, Arizona is a community where people share a deep sense of pride in what has been accomplished and how far we have come. In Avondale, there is strong belief that the blending of a broad spectrum of cultures comes from a true sense of harmony throughout the community. Here, people and businesses are welcomed with open arms and supported in a way that exemplifies a dynamic, intelligent and driven city, ready to take on the future. Avondale is Aspiring. Achieving. Accelerating.