1. Applicants must be a non-profit organization or an education focused organization. Non-profits must provide evidence of their tax-exempt status in the form of a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service. Educational organizations must provide relevant documentation.
2. Applicants must provide direct services that provide art enrichment opportunities for Avondale residents. Special events, community projects or programs shall have an emphasis on art education and shall not involve any political or religious themes. The special event, community project, or program funded shall serve as a benefit to the City of Avondale community as a whole.
3. Applicants shall not have received other funds, grants or in-kind services from the City for the proposed special event, community project or program.
4. Special events, community projects or programs must be held within the City of Avondale. Limited exceptions to this requirement may be made on a case-by-case basis and at the sole discretion of the City. If an applicant intends to hold a proposed event outside the City of Avondale, the applicant must indicate the intention and justification in the application.
5. Applicants that receive sponsorship funds or in-kind services shall recognize the City and its departments, as applicable, as a sponsor. In no event shall the recognition of City funds or in-kind services be less than that provided to other sponsors who have contributed the same total
financial or in-kind support.
6. Applicants must not discriminate on the grounds of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition including the medical condition of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or any condition related thereto, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. Applicants must agree to conform to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
7. Applicants that received previous funding must be current in their reporting. Timely and accurate submission of reporting will be taken into consideration.
8. Maximum amount of an award, per applicant, will not exceed $1,000.