Southwest HOA Academy
- Date: 09/28/2019
- Location: Civic Center Library
11350 W. Civic Center Dr.
Avondale, Arizona 85323
- Introduction: The cities of Avondale, Buckeye and Goodyear are pleased to present the spring Southwest Valley HOA Academy, scheduled for Saturday, September 28th.
SW HOA Training Seminar
Saturday, September 28th, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Avondale Civic Library
11350 W Civic Center Drive, Avondale, AZ 85323
8:00 - 8:30 Registration/Welcome
8:30 - 10:30 HOA Board Training Boot Camp by Quinten Cupps, VF Law
Whether you are a veteran Board member or just recently elected, you will benefit from our Board Training Boot Camp! There will be a wide range of topics impacting HOA Board members including:
- Board member duties to the Association
- Board meeting requirements: notice, quorum, minutes, etc.
- Navigating conflicts of interest
- Open meeting laws
- Executive session Board meetings
- Board member use of email
- Board member confidentiality
- Taking action outside of Board meetings
- Tips to keep Board members out of trouble
10:30 - 11:40 Legislative Updates by Quinten Cupps, VF Law
This annual course covers current law and statute changes, as well as what laws were enacted, what laws almost made it, and what new laws we suspect that we may see in the future, based upon the last legislative session.
11:40 - Noon Q & A with Quinten Cupps, VF Law
Registration is required and space is limited.
If you are interested in receiving future e-notifications from the City of Avondale for seminars and other neighborhood news, please register in the link below for 'I Want to Be Notified'.
Southwest Valley HOA training seminars are provided through a partnership with the City of Avondale, City of Goodyear, and the City of Buckeye. For more information call 623.333.2701 (Avondale), 623.349.6459 (Buckeye), or 623.882.7801.