Online Applications and Permit Process
Property owners, contractors and designers can set up an account in Avondale Accela Citizen Access which will require information including an email address and password.
- Begin an online application by selecting the Building/Engineering/Fire tab or the Planning tab depending on your record type below.
- List of Record Types(pdf)
- Accessory use:
- Fences, Cell Towers, Flag poles, Parking Canopies, Temporary Trailers
- Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC installations and modifications
- Commercial Buildings:
- New, Tenant Improvement, Multi Family
- New Custom Home, Additions, Alterations,
- and Remodels
- Standard Plan SFD:
- Permits for Home Builders with approved plans on file with City
- Standard Plans:
- Submittal and review of Home Builder standard plans
- Alternative Fire Extinguishing:Commercial Kitchen Systems,Other self-contained suppression systems
- Fire Access: Gates, directories, key boxes and switches, access roads, fire lane marking
- Fire Code Permit: Flow test, high piled storage, fire pump, standpipes
- Flammable and Combustible Liquid: Install or alter above ground tanks containing flammable liquids
- Hazardous Materials: Compressed Gas, Liquid propane, containers, processes, tanks
- Technical Assistance Review: HMMP, HMIS, alternate methods and materials, code deviations
- Floodplain: Any construction within a floodplain
- Map Revision: CLOMR, LOMR
- Utility Permit: Permits for public and private utilities
- Administrative: Minor Landscape Plan Revision, Plot Plan Approval for Manufactured/Modular Building, Medical Marijuana Zoning Approval, Zoning Interpretation, and Zoning Verification
- Conditional Use: Conditional Use Permit applications (Extensions)
- Final Plat: Final Plat (Amendment), Map of Dedication, Minor Land Division, and Preliminary Plat (Amendment and Extensions)
- General Plan: General Plan and Specific Plan Amendments.
- House Plan: Tract Home Design Review
- Pre-Application: Planner Only or Development Review Team Pre-Applications
- Relief: Administrative Relief applications
- Rezoning: Rezoning (Amendment and Extensions) and Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment
- Signs: Permanent and Temporary Signage
- Site Plan: Site Plan Applications (Amendments and Extensions) and Design Review Waivers
Complete the application screens, upload any documents such as site plan, construction plans, and submit the application. Please do not include any special characters in the project names. Please ensure proper encryption of files.
Once the application is submitted, it will be reviewed by City Staff and you will be notified of the next step in the process either by email or phone.
Once your application has been approved you will be notified by staff to process the payment; after which you will be contacted by staff when your permit is ready to print.
If you have any questions about this process; please feel free to contact City Staff at 623-333-4000.
Access the link to online building permitting by viewing the Online Permitting web portal
**Accela Citizen Access supports these browsers: Google Chrome 10, Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9, Firefox 3, and Safari 5.