Effective January 1, 2017, the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) became the single point of administration and collection of transaction privilege tax (TPT) by adding fourteen new cities (including Avondale). The changeover to centralized licensing, reporting and payment of state and city TPT to ADOR began with the January 2017 tax return which was due in February. Taxpayers can still contact Avondale for assistance and for matters related to December 2016 and older periods. Please see our Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax page for more information.
- Avondale businesses are still required to obtain an Avondale Business License, which are issued and administered by the City of Avondale.
2018 Annual Business License Renewals
- Will be mailed out during the week of 12/04/2017 - 12/08/2017.
- Annual renewal fees are $40 per license.
- Renewals are due by 01/01/2018.
- Renewals received after the last business day of 01/2018 will be considered delinquent and subject to a $10 late fee.
We are here to help, so please contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
Tax & Licensing Unit